Sr Manager, Customer Success
at Amwell (View all jobs)
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
One of our three organizational values is “Customer First” and in 2022 we launched & introduced Amwell’s first Customer Success team, spanning all business verticals and products. This team is tasked with providing a delightful customer experience and ensuring customers achieve their desired results, ultimately maximizing retention and growth. The Sr Manager, Customer Success will report to the Vice President of Customer Success and will manage a team of individual contributors across Amwell’s product lines, fostering employee development, establishing strong leadership relationships with customers and helping build the core team playbook as we scale operations. This role will help establish process, systems, and deliverables that align to our mission, providing coaching and mentoring to employees who are the “face and voice of the company” and actively contribute to the overall success of the business.
About Customer Success at Amwell:
The Customer Success team at Amwell is made up of Customer Success Managers (CSM’s), each of whom manages a consistent portfolio of customers. CSM’s are responsible for:
- Proactively building strong relationships with customer contacts at each level of the customer organization throughout the entire partnership
- Understanding and helping measure customers’ individual business goals and KPIs to develop tailored proactive outreach as appropriate, including provider engagement, product consulting, use case optimization and proactive monitoring of support issues
- Collaborating closely with Account Directors to provide Executive Business Reviews and ensure strategic alignment with the customer’s goals and Amwell experience
- Partnering closely with Implementation Managers during project phase to ensure a smooth post-go live transition
- Moving customers along the lifecycle from adoption to proficiency with the Amwell product suite
- Leveraging expert knowledge of Amwell’s software and hardware products to help customers get the most from their contracted products, including advising customers on best practices & news, clinical workflows (where applicable), consulting on configuration options, partnering with them on reporting needs reflecting their KPIs and communicating product features & functionality that benefit the customer’s business
- Proactively engaging with providers, program managers and other customer stakeholders to understand pain points and best practices, provide personalized training where needed, and gather feedback on Amwell’s products
- Managing basic platform or program configuration needs & updates
- Collaborating with internal teams to design a roadmap of future product adoption for each customer, including migrations
- Being a champion for documentation and alignment across internal & external stakeholders, a true customer-facing advocate with the skills and passion of a project manager
- Maintaining internal CRM (Gainsight) to track customer health and activity, proactively identify trends & potential risks, and to provide greater visibility to the internal organization about the customer and their needs
- Acting as a central point of communication for proactive communications such as maintenance, releases, events, etc. as well as managing support ticket escalations with urgency – owning internal & external coordination and messaging
- In general, working cross-functionally with Account Management, Sales, Customer Support, Product & Engineering, Professional Services, and Solution Design to drive a successful overall customer relationship
- Lead a team of highly effective individual contributor CSMs and Sr. CSMs to understand customer goals & KPIs and drive maximum customer satisfaction and retention
- Spearhead collaboration across departments over the entire customer lifecycle to continuously improve performance against agreed Customer Success metrics
- Manage & performance coach Customer Success individual contributors to achieve quarterly and annual OKR targets, as well as encourage their development against our core competencies
- Play a pivotal role in the scaling of the team by developing our playbook, helping to create key training resources, processes, etc.
- Follow an analytical and data driven approach to problem solving, bringing a solution-oriented mindset, and developing strategy for overall customer success organization
- Serve as an escalation point and trusted resource for strategic & at-risk customers and help CSMs develop remediation plans where applicable
- Hold a deep understanding of customer success foundations and help advocate for the voice of the customer internally to encourage continuous improvement and evolution in our service model cross-functionally
- Have a passion for process; building and continually evolving our standardized approach to support our clients, internal teams, and one another
- Lead by example, demonstrating a positive & resilient attitude, unwavering advocacy for customers, a willingness to bring new ideas & challenge the status quo
- Exhibit a growth-mindset; evolving skills and gaining new knowledge to support scalability and sustainability of the business
- Work closely with the team of individual contributors to ultimately reduce churn while increasing customer satisfaction and utilization
- Other duties as assigned
Travel Requirements: 30-40%
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant experience in customer success in a SaaS environment
- 4+ years of management experience
- 10+ years working in healthcare technology
- Gainsight and Salesforce proficiency
- Comfortable understanding and explaining software products to diverse audiences
- Excellent verbal/presentation and written communication skills
- Experience at a high growth company with distributed operations
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
- Willingness to work unpredictable hours periodically to support team and customers & work against tight deadlines
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars – our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a “virtual first” workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $140,000 – $160,000. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance